Product Design, Product Management
8+ years at the intersection of design, engineering and business creating meaningful products and building community along the way.
Wide experience across wireless engineering (sales and support), commercial construction (project management and business development) and web development (product design and coordination) provides a foundation for pragmatic problem solving, design & systems thinking and empathetic leadership.
Skilled User Experience (UX) generalist putting users at the center, collaborating with stakeholders and working with developers line by line in code.
User Research & Testing, Usability Heuristics, Wireframing, Advanced Prototyping, Design Systems, Business Analysis, Project Management
Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Flinto, VS Code, Atom, iTerm2 (Mac CLI), Invision, Zeplin, MindNode, Tableau, Abstract, Github Desktop, Github Projects, Trello, Slack, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo), Wordpress
Various Projects - Project Management & Product Management
- Help set client expectations.
- Set up and maintain kanban board to manage workflow.
- Mentor others in design research and design system best practices
Lead product designer. Worked closely with front end and back end developers to implement new presentation layer, built with:
- Presentation layer in React for 20+ year high profile global trading platform for fortune 500 financial institution.
- User research including c-suite stakeholders.
- Requirements gathering: balancing user needs and usability heuristics with legacy architecture and technical constraints.
- Provided internal project management of design & dev and facilitated communcation across our and client’s team.
- Material.io Design System in Figma with nested styles and components.
On any given day I might:
- Interview and record a stakeholder
- Modify a material-ui component in Figma to create a new component for the project
- clone a repository to my local machine and
yarn startin the command line to run the project locally.
- debug a site using chrome or firefox development tools in the browser. could include inspecting ui issues or adding breakpoints in the network tab to figure out where an api is failing
- create markdown documentation and submit a pull request
- create and manage github issues in a project board
- draw wireframes for a new page layout
- populate a design with json real data in Sketch
- provide project updates to the client during client meetings or via weekly summarized correspondence
- drive internal standup meetings
- encourage communication across design and development to architect solutions given project constraints.